Elder and Sister Heninger

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Still no letters from home......

It has been almost two weeks since my last post. We have been very busy and when we come home we are very tired. It seems like what we do most is work and sleep We had some very  busy days followed by some very slow days.

Yesterday I did back to back tours during my entire shift. The day before I did one tour. When it is slow it gives us a chance to get to know the other missionaries and to study more about Cove Fort and all that happened here.

Last Wednesday, April 12 we were on the late shift and it was a little slow. A large 18 wheeler pulled into our RV parking area and was just sitting there idling for about 30 minutes. I decided to walk down there and see what was going on. As I got down near the truck, a gentleman jumped out and walked over towards me. He was very apologetic saying that he was trying to get to the rest stop at the Chevron station about a mile down the road but that he had run out of time and had to stop. He asked if it would be ok to stay where he was until about 1:00AM when he could drive again. I told him that he was fine there. We struck up a conversation and I found out he was a Muslim from Nigeria. He said that he believed in Christ. As we talked, I found him to be incredibly nice and a very interesting person. I said to him, since you are stuck here for the next several hours, would you like a tour? He said yes he would like that. I gave him the full tour. We talked about some of our beliefs, including the Book of Mormon. When we finished, I offered him a book of Mormon which he gratefully accepted and said he would read it. As we walked back to the offices, he said, I think God sent me here! Below is a picture of Bella, my new friend. He told me, you will be hearing from me. I hope we do. We often  have some very spiritual experiences with both members and those not of our faith.
Bella and me. I am not very good at selfies

Last week Lisa, Eric, and Jensen stopped by for a tour as well.
Missionaries with the Wood Family

Lisa showing her skill with the stick and ring
The weather here is very unpredictable and changes frequently. The wind blows a lot and very hard.
We are having a great time here. I got my hair cut yesterday in Beaver. The barber was a wonderful man named Doug. The shop reminded me of  the barber shop on the Andy Griffith show in Mayberry. He did a fine job and the cut was only $10.

Below are the mailboxes for the missionaries. We check them every day but still, no one has written.

Add caption

4 comments:

  1. The address I found online is Highway 161 SE, Beaver, UT 84713 Is that good enough to reach you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Letters
      HC 74 Box 6550
      Beaver, UT 84713

      Packages
      Cove Fort
      17655 State Highway 161
      Beaver, UT 84713

      Delete
  2. Update- We have received wonderful letters from three of our grandsons! Thank you James, Braydon, and Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been lurking on your site from time to time. Great stories and experiences. We think of you both often. Been busy with work and church service. We have managed to fit in some travel. You can see some of it on FB. Sending our love Rick and Laurie.

    ReplyDelete